Residential Curbside Recycling
Single-family homes can pick up a blue recycling cart by visiting the Solid Waste Services Administrative offices at 501 Schroeder in Waco.
Please bring a driver’s license and a vehicle large enough to accommodate the container, which is 46” high, 27.5 “ deep, and 31” wide. (A pickup truck is usually fine.)
If you already have a smaller recycling container, you can exchange it for a larger one.
Waco residents can exchange their small blue recycling or green yard waste cart for a 95-gallon blue or green cart at no charge.
Exchanges can be made from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the Solid Waste Services Main Office, 501 Schroeder Drive, or from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays at the Cobbs Recycling Center, 2021 44th St.
For more information, call the Solid Waste Services offices at (254) 299-2612.
Recycling containers are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck).
Beginning December 31, 2012, the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts will be collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
A 2013 calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here.
Here is a list of the materials that may be placed in your blue cart:
Paper (staples and envelopes with windows are ok)
- Advertising circulars and junk mail
- Paperboard packaging (please remove liners from cereal boxes)
- Cardboard boxes (please break them down so that they fit in the cart )
- Newspaper (all sections)
- Magazines and catalogs
- Phone books
- Office paper and school work
- Carbonless paper
Please NO: Binder clips or pizza boxes.
Metals (must be clean)
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum baking tins
- Steel (tin) food cans and lidsPlease NO: aluminum foil
Plastics (must be clean, all colors accepted)
- Plastic grocery bags
- #1 through #7 plastic containers
- #1 through #7 plastic food trays, tubs and bowls
Please NO: Styrofoam
Also, please do not put glass in your recycling cart. Clear, brown, green and clear glass may be taken to our drop-off recycling center located on 44th Street between Cobbs Drive and Trice Avenue (map).
For timely service, please observe the following:
- Place all material inside of the cart so that the lid may fully close.
- Place the cart with arrows on the lid facing the street, and wheels at the edge of the street or curb.
- Place carts on the street prior to 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Please keep at least a three-foot distance between all carts or items to be collected and any obstacles, such as parked vehicles, mailboxes, utility meters, or overhanging tree limbs or power lines.
- Return carts to your storage area before the following morning.