Cobbs Citizen Convenience Center
(also known as Cobbs Recycling Center)
2021 N. 44th Street (between Cobbs Drive and Trice Avenue)
View Larger Map
Cobbs is a convenient drop-off location operated by Solid Waste Services for many recycling services. Most of these services are included in your monthly solid waste fee.
Some services are limited to only City of Waco residents with proof of residency. Call (254) 751-8536 or (254) 299-2612 for more information.
We accept the following items regardless of residency. Please rinse items which have contained food or drink.
- Plastics #1 - #7, all colors. We cannot accept Styrofoam.
- Glass,clear, brown, blue and green.
- Metal, including steel or "tin" cans, aluminum cans, and aluminum pie plates.
- Paper, such as magazines, phone books, cardboard, junk mail, printer paper, envelopes with windows and stapled paper.
- Cooking oil (liquid only, please no solid grease)
- Computers and peripherals, excluding monitors
- Household batteries and CDs/DVDs
- Brush; clean brush only; please no trash
PLEASE NO: Binder clips or pizza boxes, aluminum foil, or Styrofoam or plastic bags
The following items require proof of City of Waco residency:
(Residents will be required to sign an authorization form if fees apply.)
- Used motor oil, antifreeze and oil filters up to 5 gallons per month.
- Latex paint ONLY up to 5 gallons per month. Must be useable with a readable label. Please no rusted cans. Dried paint can be put in the trash
- Refrigerators must have a label or tag indicating that the refrigerant has been removed by a certified technician. We can remove the refrigerant for a $15.00 fee.
- Bulky items can be brought by City of Waco residents a maximum of two times a month at no charge.
- Monitors and televisions require a service fee. There is a $5 fee for monitors and a $15 fee for televisions. Large console-type televisions have a $20 fee. Maximum screen size is 32 inches (measured diagonally).
- Computers of all types (desktops & laptops)
- Computer monitors (CRT, LCD, LED)
- Printers/scanners/fax machines/copiers of all types
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Storage devices (external hard drives, solid state drives, SD cards, memory cards, card readers, etc.)
- Computer accessories including mice, keyboards, webcams, speakers, microphones
- Televisions (CRT, LCD, LED, Plasma, 3D)
- Microwave ovens (non-PCB)
- Telephones, answering machines, cell phones and chargers
- GPS units, pagers, PDA's, tablets
- Audio Equipment (speakers, microphones, DJ equipment, receivers, recording devices, headphones)
- Video equipment (cameras, video cameras, webcams, recording devices, etc.)
- Medical testing equipment
- Laboratory equipment
- Circuit boards, cables, wires, power cords, power strips
- Most small home appliances, such as hair dryers, blenders, and coffee makers
- Typewriters, radios/boom boxes/CD players
Not Acceptable Electronics:
- Industrial or Commercial/Business Waste
- No Propane Cylinders of Any Kind & No Compressed Gasses
- Business Waste
- Household hazardous waste (chemicals)
- Leaking equipment
- Speakers in wooden cabinets
- "Scrapped out" televisions or electronics
Cobbs Citizens Convenience Center accepts bulky waste from City of Waco residents. Please bring proof of City of Waco residency.
Also, please note: Bulky Waste is not recycled! It goes directly to the Landfill. Please consider donating usable items to a local charitable organization.
- The following guidelines apply to bulky waste drop-offs:
- Two drop-offs are permitted per month.
- State law requires that loose loads must be tarped.
- Because of liability concerns, we cannot help unload. Please bring helpers with you if you think you will need them.
- We cannot accept tires, construction materials (such as drywall, concrete, bricks or asphalt shingles), household chemicals, compressed cylinders, or household garbage.