Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (CPAAA)
The mission of the Waco Citizen's Police Academy Alumni Association is to support officer and community safety by promoting educational and life preserving programs. We will encourage and promote the concept of community policing by giving the citizens an opportunity to better understand the function of the Waco Police Department.
Our members will be significantly involved with our police department in the effort to "Bridge the Gap" between the community and the police. We are a 501C-3 nonprofit organization.
The Waco Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association was established in December 1992 and consists of members that have graduated from the Citizens Police Academy. The Alumni Association is an active group that supports our police department in all aspects. They also raise funds in support of our officers for equipment and/or training needs that otherwise was not budgeted.
The Waco Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association meet once a month and meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Waco Police Department located at 721 N. 4th Street. We also have a special activity at every other meeting by providing a guest speaker to continue the educational process started by attending the Citizens Police Academy.
Police Academy Alumni Board Members
Front Row: Helen Lee, Maria Swenson, Karolee Lloyd, Sissy White
Back Row: Terry Williams, Charles Robnett, Wilburn Lessman, Sherry White, Pam Wilson
Below are some activities the Alumni Association have participated in and supported:
- Hosts of the 1998 Texas Citizens Police Academy Association Symposium
- Hosts of 2005 Texas Citizens Police Academy Alumni Convention
- Sold Waco PD mouse pads as one of their fundraisers
- Sponsors of Citizens Police Academy Graduations
- Sponsors of the Junior Police Academy Graduations
- Sponsors of the Waco Police Trader Card Program (Link)
- Sponsors of the Hide, Lock, and Take program
- Sponsored and assisted with the Police Memorial Run Fundraiser
- New hosts for the Police Memorial Run 2011
- Sponsors and hosts of the annual officer/employee appreciation hamburger cookout during Police Memorial Week.
- Alumni members work the inside stadium as ushers during all Baylor Football home games as one of their fundraisers.
- Handle Child ID requests for community programs in fingerprinting kids
- Assist our Training Division in active police training as role players as hostage victims or suspects.
- Assist SWAT officers with active training
- Assist in the Police Civil Service and Recruit testing
- Assist with traffic control during the July 4th on the Brazos Celebration
- Assist with the Miracle Match Marathon with the Waco Fire Department
- Assist with the Waco Wild West Century Skittles Race
- Assist with Waco’s National Night Out
- Sponsors for the Blue Santa program where funding is set for our officers to purchase Christmas gifts for families who are less fortunate or unable to afford Christmas.
- Provide numerous special training classes for our officers
- Donated uhf/vhf radio for new Mobile Hostage Negotiation/ Command Post Vehicle
- Donated M8 rifle for SWAT officer.
- Donated 12- Caviler Helmets police training
- Support for Citizens On Patrol
E-mail: Specialist Dan Ferguson, Coordinator or Terry Williams, President
38th Citizen's Police Academy 37th Citizen's Police Academy 36th Citizen's Police Academy 35th Citizen's Police Academy 34th Citizen's Police Academy 33nd Citizen's Police Academy 32nd Citizen's Police Academy