(Available at City Hall or Dr. Mae Jackson Development Center)
A permit is required for events taking place on city property or streets, utilizing city services or affecting municipal policies and affairs. Applications must be submitted a minimum of 15 days prior to activity. (Also available at Parks and Recreation.)
(available at the City of Waco Water Office, 425 Franklin)
An applicant for alcoholic beverage and/or dance hall license or permit must file a completed application form with the Water Collections Office. Inspection of the premises is required after submission of the City of Waco License Application Form and payment of the appropriate fee. For more information contact Dolores Michaelwicz or Sabrina Beck at (254) 299-2489.
Garage Sale Permits
Garage Sale permits can be obtained from the Finance Department on the fourth floor of City Hall; at the Water Office (425 Franklin); or at the Development Center (4th & Franklin). Citizens may have 2 garage sales in a calendar year as long as they get a permit each time before the sale. The permits are currently $10.00. The garage sales are good for 3 consecutive days. If you are 65 years of age or older, you have to get the permit but you are exempt from the fee with proof of birthday.
Horse Drawn Carriage-Business License
Under the authority of Ordinance 2000-9, the City Secretary's office is responsible for issuing a permit for Horse-Drawn Carriages in the City of Waco. An application must be completed, and is available in the City Secretary's office.
Please contact the City Secretary's office by phone at (254) 750-5750 or email City Secretary for more detailed information.
Night Club Permit
Under authority of Ordinance 2013-320, applications must be submitted to, and are available in, the City Secretary’s Office, City Hall, 300 Austin Avenue. A $250.00 fee is due at the time the application is submitted. Inspection of the premises is required after submission of the application and payment of the appropriate fee is received. All permits expire five (5) years after the date the permit was issued.
Approved Night Clubs:
- Ace’s Bar & Grill, 2911 Primrose Drive, Suite C
- A.D.’s Tejano Bar, 423 S. 18th Street
- Austin’s, 719 Austin Avenue
- Bar Bar, 930 Webster Avenue
- Cartera's Bar, 2911 N. 19th
- Chapter 11, 619 Esther Street
- Cinema, 921 Lake Air Drive
- Club Infinity, 2224 Faulkner Lane
- Coco Loco, 928 N. 25th Street
- Dodge City Saloon, 1009 Wooded Acres Drive
- Jorge’s, 1325 E. League Street
- Junction 84, 6512 Woodway Drive
- Lakeside Tavern, 6605 Airport Road
- Muddle, 727 Austin Avenue
- Nite Court Saloon, 210 S. 8th Street
- Oakley’s Texas Bar, 816 N. Valley Mills Drive
- Old School Club, 2812 N. 19th Street
- Road Runner Motorcycle Club, 1209 N. Loop Drive
- Scruffy Murphy’s, 1226 Speight Avenue
- The Crying Shame, 7020 Sanger Avenue
- The Falcon Club, 211 S. Loop Drive
- TrueLove Bar, 414 Franklin Avenue
- Vernon’s Club, 2224 Faulkner Lane (CHANGE FROM CLUB INFINITY)
- Wild West Waco, 115 Mary Avenue
Under authority of Ordinance No. 2000-8, applications must be submitted to, and are available in, the City Secretary's Office, City Hall, 300 Austin Avenue. A 72-hour waiting period is required. A $25.00 permit fee must be paid at the time the permit is issued. All permits expire on December 31st of the year issued.
Taxicab, Limousine, or Shuttle Service Business and Drivers Permit
Applications are available in the City Secretary's office at 300 Austin Avenue. A non-refundable $25.00 application fee is required when the applications are submitted. The request is processed for approval by the City Secretary, and a permit fee of $100.00 is required for each operating vehicle. A driver’s permit fee is $25.00.
Open Air Vendor
Garage Sale (also available at City Hall & Water Office)