To improve living conditions for lower income homeowners through either the rehabilitation of their existing home or building a new home if repair is infeasible.
- A partially forgivable loan (up to $80.00 per square foot plus closing costs for pre-approved house plans) for the construction of a new owner-occupied home in place of an existing structure deemed infeasible for repair
- Zero-percent interest on the repayment portion of the loan
- Borrowers must meet income criteria (80% or below median income)
- Property insurance and taxes must be current
- Borrower cannot own any other income-producing real estate
- Borrower must qualify for the mortgage, taxes and insurance
- A structure is determined feasible for rehabilitation if the rehab costs do not represent more than the after-rehab value of the home or exceed $24,999.
- Structures not feasible for rehab will be considered for reconstruction
More terms may apply to this program. For more information, please contact us at 750-5656. Contractors interested in building single, one family home’s for the City’s reconstruct program should contact Marcus Davilla at 254.750.5629 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Waco
80 percent of the Median
2013 Income Criteria
Family of 1 $29,150 Family of 2 $33,300 Family of 3 $37,450 Family of 4 $41,600 Family of 5 $44,950 Family of 6 $48,300 Family of 7 $51,600 Family of 8 $54,950