Home Investment Partnership Program
What is HOME?
- The Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME) is a grant that the City of Waco has received each year from the Department of Housing and Urban Development since 1992.
- The grant is designed to create affordable housing for families with lower incomes through both City-administered programs and with the help of local Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO’s).
Some Eligible Activities
- Development of new affordable housing
- Rehabilitation of existing housing for purchase by lower income families
- Homebuyer purchase assistance
Who Can Apply?
The following groups may be eligible to apply for HOME funds:
- Not-for-profit and private housing developers
- Families earning below 80 percent of the area median income (AMI)
Current and Past Projects (click for more information and photos)
- Single family homes built by local nonprofit development agencies
- Brook Oaks Senior Residences (Mercy Housing, Denver, CO)
Please note: The availability of all programs is subject to funding availability