Yard Waste (Brush & Bulky Waste)
Cobbs also serves as a Citizens Convenience Center and accepts brush and bulky waste from City of Waco residents. Proof of residency is required. The following guidelines apply to brush and bulky waste drop-offs:
- Two drop-offs per bill are permitted. A pickup with a full bed towing a trailer counts as two loads.
- You may bring two loads to Cobbs or to the Landfill, or one each to each location.
- Trailer loads must be no longer than 12 feet, and no taller than 4 feet.
- State law requires that loose loads must be tarped.
- Because of liability concerns, we cannot help unload. Please bring helpers with you if you think you will need them.
We cannot accept tires, construction materials (such as drywall, concrete, bricks or asphalt shingles), household chemicals, compressed cylinders, or household garbage.
Don’t see what you’d like to recycle or dispose of listed here? Please give us a call – we may be able to accept it or offer suggestions on its disposal. Other disposal options available here. (Link to Household Hazardous Waste page).
Yard Waste Carts (Green)
Yard waste (green) carts are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck). The blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts are collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
- Residents new to recycling will be provided, at their request, 95 gallon blue (recycling) and/or green (yard waste) carts at no extra charge.
- You can trade in your smaller blue or green cart for a larger cart at the Cobbs Recycling Center or the administrative offices at 501 Schroeder Drive.
A 2013 calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here. A guide to using your yard waste cart can be found here. When using your green yard waste cart, please remember to place only loose (unbagged) yard materials within it, put it out at the curb by 7 a.m., and place it at least 3 feet away from obstructions such as mailboxes and parked cars. Bulky and brush pick-up is available on request. Please call Customer Service at (254) 299-2612 with questions or requests. Para informacion en Espanol – (254) 299-2612.