Automated Trash Collection
Residents with residential service must use a wheeled 90, 65 or 30-gallon container for disposing of household trash. If you need a different sized container call 299-2612. An additional container is available for an additional $4 per month.
- All of your trash must be inside the container, with lid closed, and placed at the edge of the street before 7:00 a.m. on your collection days.
- Place the container with arrows on the lid towards the street, with wheels of the container at the edge of street or at curbside.
- Return the container to its storage area (garage, utility room, or the back yard) before the next morning.
- Bulky waste collection is available at no extra charge on a call-in basis. Automated wheeled containers are the property of the City of Waco.
Trash Cart Information
- Bagged household waste and kitchen waste
- Small quantities of bagged yard waste
- Do NOT use your trash cart for yard waste. Yard trimmings such as leaves and grass will be collected separately on your trash day. Do NOT mix household trash with your yard waste and brush.
- Do not put materials banned from landfill disposal (used motor oil, paint, etc.) into your trash. Save those items for the annual household hazardous waste day.
- Tires should never be placed inside or beside your cart or a dumpster. The Landfill will take limited tires for a fee; for more information, call 299-2620.
- Ashes should not be placed in the cart.
Yard waste (green) carts are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck). Beginning December 31, 2012, the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts will be collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
- Blue (recycling) carts will be collected only on odd numbered weeks.
- Green (yard waste) carts will be collected only on even numbered weeks.
- Residents new to recycling will be provided, at their request, 95 gallon blue (recycling) and/or green (yard waste) carts free of charge.
- You can trade in your smaller blue or green cart for a larger cart at the Cobbs Recycling Center.
A 2013 calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here.
When using your green yard waste cart, please remember to place only loose (unbagged) materials within it, put it out at the curb by 7 a.m., and place it at least 3 feet away from obstructions such as mailboxes and parked cars.
Call Customer Service at 299-2612 for more information.
Bulky Waste Collection
Residential Solid Waste Service Fees include the pickup of one 5'x 4'x 4' (maximum) bulky waste pile. Additional fees may apply to larger piles. For more information, please call 299-2612.
The Solid Waste Department collects materials generated by residents, defined as those who occupy a home and pay for solid waste services via their water bill. Materials that are generated by commercial sources (i.e., contractors and businesses), from tenant evictions, or are on vacant lots, will be subject to additional fees. For more information or to arrange for this type of collection, please call 299-2612.
Please note: Appliances with refrigerant, such as refrigerators and air conditioners, must have the refrigerant removed by a certified technician and be tagged as such before being placed curbside for pickup. Appliances without certified removal tags will not be picked up.
Bulky Disposal at the Cobbs Citizens' Convenience Center (also called the Recycling Center) Residents can also take bulky materials to the Cobbs Citizens' Convenience Center for disposal. Included in their monthly services fees is up to two visits per month with proof of residency.
Residents my also utilize the City of Waco Landfill for their disposal needs, additional fees may apply. For more information please call (254) 299-2620.