The City of Waco operates a Type I Municipal Solid Waste landfill that receives approximately 245,000 tons of waste per year for disposal. The landfill provides disposal service to approximately 135,000 people mostly from Waco, Woodway, Hewitt, and McGregor. As of September 2013, the expected remaining life of the landfill is 12 years.
Mon.-Fri.: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sat: 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
11400 Old McGregor Rd. (Map)
Take Highway 84 west toward McGregor. Turn left at the Wickson Road exit. Bear right & follow the landfill signs.
Residential waste generated in McLennan County $27.28/ton
Outside McLennan County $35.34/ton
Only Waco Residents:
- Residents may self-haul to the landfill twice per month and dispose of up to 2,000 pounds free of charge.
- Residents must provide proof of City residency by presenting their current City of Waco water utility bill (showing residential garbage service) and driver’s license with a matching address. No photo copies or delinquent bills will be accepted.
- Amounts in excess of 2,000 pounds and/or after the second trip in a month, may be disposed of based on the standard disposal fee. Payment must be made at the time of disposal.
- All loads that are not secured and/or covered will incur a $15 fee.
Waste that cannot be accepted at the Landfill:
- Paint, liquid waste, etc.
- NiCd, lithium, lead acid batteries
- Used motor oil, oil filters
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Untreated Medical wastes
- Ammunition, explosives
- Items containing CFC's
- Fluorescent light bulbs
Scrap Tire Disposal Options:
City of Waco Landfill 1625 Hannah Hill Road, Woodway, Texas 76712
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00- 4:30, Saturday 8:00-11:30
(See map on back)
Anyone may bring personal scrap tires to the Landfill for a fee of $2.50 per tire (14”, and 15”) and $5.00 per tire (20” or less). All tires must be off the rims for disposal. Most local tire shops will remove the tire from the rim for a fee. Any Questions, contact the Landfill at 254-299-2620.
Waco Solid Waste Services conducts annual Scrap Tire Days for Waco residents to bring a limited number of scrap tires for recycling free of charge. Call 254-299-2612 to find out when the next scrap tire event will be held.
Many tire and auto repair shops will also accept scrap tires for a fee. Check with your local tire retailer or auto repair shop about dropping off your scrap auto tires.
If a business owner generates scrap tires (20” or less) and wishes to dispose of them, they can self-haul the tires to the Landfill and pay the appropriate fees. All tires must be off the rims for disposal. Most local tire shops will remove the tire from the rim for a fee. Any Questions, contact the Landfill at 254-299-2620.
If you are a business with numerous scrap tires, a registered and reputable scrap-tire dealer and transporter can serve you. All registered transporters should be listed in the TCEQ registration database. Log on to check on the registration status of a company before you do business with it.