How to Get Your Library Card
- Texas Residents may fill out an application for a library card at any of the four libraries in the Waco-McLennan County Library System.
- Applicants must produce a picture I.D. and proof of residency dated within the last 30 days. An applicant under 16 years of age needs the signature and identification of a parent or legal guardian.
- New Library Cards will be mailed to applicants.
- You may complete a library card application form below and bring it with your picture ID and proof of residency to any Waco-McLennan County Library.
Using Your Library Card
- Your card may be used at any of the four libraries
- All records pertaining to your library card registration and borrowed materials are confidential.
Lost Library Cards
- Immediately inform Central Circulation Services at (254) 750-5943 or one of the community libraries if you lose your card.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed with your card before it is reported stolen or lost.
Changing Your Personal Information
- Please notify Central Circulation Services at (254) 750-5943 or one of the branch libraries as soon as you change your name, address or phone number.
Lost or Damaged Library Materials
- Patrons who have lost or damaged materials will be charged a total of the following:
- $5 plus cost of item for items with cost of under $20
- $10 plus cost of item for items with cost of $20 or more
TexShare Library Cards
- The TexSharecard lets you borrow materials from other participating libraries in the state of Texas.
- You must apply for a TexShare card at your Library and then you may borrow from other participating libraries according to the rules they have set.
- You must be a library card holder in good standing (no overdue or lost books and no library fines) for six months to get a TexShare card from the Waco-McLennan County Library.
- To learn more about using your TexShare card at other participating libraries, go to the TexShare website.
Each video/video set... $1.00/day
Each Book... $.15/day
Each Audio-Cassette/Audio-Cassette Set... $.15/day
Each C.D./ C.D... Set $.15/day
Maximum Fine... Cost of the item
Videos and DVDs check out for 7 days
Books, audiobooks and CDs check out for 21 days.
Try Library Elf - this outside service (not owned by Waco-McLennan County Library) sends email notices to you when you sign up. You'll get notices before your books are due, when you have holds, and other reminders as requested.