Intact Animal Permit
January 1, 2011, The City of Waco passed a new ordinance which states that in order to leave your dog or cat intact (i.e. able to reproduce), an Intact Animal Permit must be obtained.
In order for a person to qualify for an intact animal permit, the following conditions need to be met:
- The animal must be currently vaccinated against rabies
- There must be some type of identifying license, tag, tattoo, or microchip in which the owner can be identified
Additionally, while applying for a permit, you need to include the following information:
- The name, address and telephone number of the applicant
- The location where the dog or cat is harbored
- A description of the dog or cat (a photo is recommended)
- Proof that the animal is currently vaccinated against rabies and is wearing an identifying tag
The intact animal permit costs $35.00 a year per animal.
All fees will be paid to the Humane Society of Central Texas at the time the permit is issued.